CALCULATE THE CALORIES BURNED BY HEART RATE
THE FAT BURNING ZONE
There is a perfect heart rate zone tailored to each individual that burns the most fat calories. Stay below this zone and you aren’t maximizing the fat burn. Go above this zone and you’re only burning the food in your stomach, not getting rid of the body fat.
|30 MINUTES OF
|Low Intensity Group (50%)||120||80||200|
|Hight Intensity Group (75%)||140||260||400|
Choosing a workout and intensity level to reach your fat burning zone will depend on your fitness level. If you are an avid runner, for example, you’ll need to run faster to reach your fat burning zone than someone just getting into running. Here are a few ideas for every fitness level.
1) FOR BEGINNERS
- Park at the back of the parking lot and walk to the entrance.
- Walk the dog instead of letting them out in the yard.
- Walk to lunch instead of driving.
- Take the stairs!!
2) FOR RUNNERS
- Keep your pace moderate enough to remain in your target heart-rate zone (60% to 70% of your max heart rate)
- Consider doing a brisk walk at first—especially if you’re new to running.
- Don’t increase your weekly total mileage by more 10% each week.
3) FOR GYM LOVERS
- Perform three cardio exercises for an equal amount of time.
- Stick with a moderate intensity level.
- Mix in different types of cardio exercises to keep things interesting!