Serving Size 1 1/3 cups
10 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- ¼ cup oyster sauce*
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1-1/2 pounds (31-35 count) shrimp*, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (8-oz.) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 2 mandarin oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 8 ounces hot cooked rice noodles
- * Allergy warning: This recipe contains shellfish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together first 4 ingredients.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Let stand at room temperature up to 30 minutes.
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add oil and heat until the oil just starts to shimmer and smoke.
- Add bell pepper and onion and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Remove mixture and set aside, keeping warm.
- Return pan to heat; add shrimp, with the marinade, and cook 90 seconds, gently stirring constantly, or until shrimp are almost cooked.
- Add water chestnuts, oranges and onion mixture and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until shrimp are fully cooked.
- Add hot noodles and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
The smaller you cut all the ingredients, the faster this delicious sauté will cook. You can also skip the noodles and serve the shrimp over hot cooked brown rice.
Calories per serving:239 Total Fat: 5.0g Cholesterol: 221mg Sodium: 338mg