Serving Size 1 cup risotto
Spring Pea Oven Risotto
20 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups Arborio or Carnaroli rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place stock in a saucepan and heat just to boiling.
- In an ovenproof Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until just tender but not browned, about 3 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high.
- Add rice and cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
- Stir in wine and cook until completely evaporated, about 1 minute.
- Stir in broth mixture, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until almost all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- A few minutes before the risotto is done, cook peas in boiling water, 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove risotto from oven and add peas and their cooking liquid.
- Gently stir, adding additional hot water as necessary to achieve a creamy consistency.
- If desired, stir in olive oil.
- Serve immediately.